Pharmacoeconomics in Drug Development Quiz
1. Which is an appropriate outcome for a Cost Utility study?
2. Which of the following is not a type of pharmacoeconomic analysis?
3. TRUE/FALSE Question. Intervention Q with a benefit/cost ratio of 1.5 offers more value for money spent on an intervention than intervention R which has a 0.6 benefit/cost ratio.
4. In which quadrant are you most likely to see pharmacoeconomic analyses done?
5. In countries where it is require, failing to submit your pharmacoeconomic guidelines may allow you to be __________, but not _____________.
6. Which three were listed as types of outcomes one can consider for pharmacoeconomic analyses?
7. Which are examples of indirect economic costs? (choose 2)
Intellectual Property Strategy & BioSimilars Quiz
1. Which of the following applies to the America Invents Act?
2. The “pay for delay” process has been applied to all of the following EXCEPT?
3. All of the following are challenges to biosimilar drug development in the United States EXCEPT?
4. Which of these does the FDA NOT regulate?
5. Which of these was named as being the “best” pharmaceutical patent you can get?
6. What does a “method of use” patent allow you do?
Marketing Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology Drugs Quiz
1. All of the following are common violations of prescription drug advertising EXCEPT:
2. The new marketing models need to focus on:
3. Addressing payors effectively include all of the following EXCEPT:
4. Why do drugs never get launched in Portugal or France first?
5. These characteristics define which kind of market:
generics minimally differentiated other than by price
payers have great stake in prescribing conditions
6. Recently we’ve seen a shift in focus for the market (in the US) from ________ to ___________
7. In the US generics represent a large percentage of overall prescriptions. What percentage of overall dollar spent do they represent?
Managed Markets and Sales Strategy Quiz
1. All of the following are appropriate sales targeting factors for identifying key physician targets EXCEPT:
2. Tier 1 formulary coverage applies to which of the following?
3. Which of the following is NOT considered a relevant product value proposition?
4. Medicare was mentioned as the largest growing segment of the pharmaceutical market in the US. In 2010, there were 46 million people enrolled in Medicare. What was the estimate for 2013?
5. True of False: IN the 2010-2011 timeframe in the US, the % increase in prescription drug spending has higher than that of overall healthcare spending?
Strategic Alliance & M+A in Pharma, Biotech & Academia
1. What are biodollars?
2. True or False: Since 2010 the number and overall monetary value of deals in the pharmaceutical arena have been increasing.
3. The models of university/industry collaboration described were: (choose 4)
4. Recently, what percent of revenue of big pharma companies came from drugs developed elsewhere (e.g. not directly from that company)?
5. Dr. Ettouati identified what as the most important key to successful alliances?
1. The three types of business models covered in the lecture were which?
2. True or False: A company would likely choose to follow a single business model.
3. LOE stands for
4. Why is it important for companies to invest in both early and late-stage projects? (choose 2)
5. The three options mentioned for refueling the pipeline are:
6. True or False: NPV includes both past and future costs
7. What are three things mentioned that need to be considered in addition to NPV?
Academic Industry partnership “Various models, Various outcomes” Quiz
1. Collaborations with pharma and academics require agreement on the following?
2. All of the following are common models used between academics and industry EXCEPT
3. All of the following are key factors for successful collaboration between academics and industry EXCEPT:
From Start up to Success in Biotech Quiz
1. Which of the following would not be an ideal financing option for a new drug discovery, biotech company?
2. All of the following are key factors of developing a success biotech company EXCEPT?
3. Which of the following has the LOWEST transition probability between phases of drug development?
4. What percent of discovery compounds make it to phase 1 trials?
5. What were some of the key lessons learned in the startup to success story? (choose 3)