Practice Assessment – Layered Architecture
1. Which OSI layer is responsible for providing end-to-end communication with reliable service?
2. Which OSI layer is responsible for dividing the transmitted bit stream into frames?
3. Which OSI layer is responsible for determining which route through the network to use?
4. Which feature does the data link layer and transport layer have in common?
5. Which protocol glues the network of networks together as the Internet?
Graded Assessment – Layered Architecture
1. In a LAN, which address is used to transfer frames to appropriate destination?
2. Suppose an application layer entity wants to send an L-byte message to its peer process, using an existing TCP connection. The TCP segment consists of the message plus 20 bytes of header. The segment is encapsulated into an IP packet that has an additional 20 bytes of header. The IP packet in turn goes inside an Ethernet frame that has 18 bytes of header and trailer. What is the bandwidth utilization in terms of the percentage of the transmitted bits in the physical layer corresponds to message information if L = 500 bytes?
3. Of the following services, which service(s) does the IP layer provides?
4. Which of the following is true about the ways in which the OSI reference model and TCP/IP reference model differ.
5. Which of following statements is true about how the data link layer and transport layer differ?
6. This layer is an addition to OSI model
7. The functionalities of presentation layer includes