1. How important is customer service for you?
The whole business depends on customer service, and if you are at the help desk you are holding an important position to help the customer in best possible way.
2. Do you really think that company or organization really needs a helpdesk?
The key to run a company effectively is that the resources are available and operational all the time, especially if it is an IT company. Helpdesk is necessary as it makes sure that resources are available for customers and also operational reasons.
3. How important IT skills are in help desk service and how you keep yourself updated with those skills?
To process your work quickly computer skills are very important these days. Computers not only make your work easy but also save your time and energy. I use the internet, online books and other educational resources to upgrade my IT skills.
4. How you deal with the frustrated customer?
The first thing a help desk person must do is to try to understand the customer, also try to avoid conflicts or any such things that disturb the customer. Then you can confront with each other and try to solve the problem.
5. What are the three abilities of an ideal help desk person?
Ability to listen others
Ability to present your thoughts clearly
To be patient especially in a tense situation
6. What motivates you for the help desk assistant job?
I like to communicate with people. Help desk assistant job is a type of job where you continuously interact with people and help them to solve their problems.
7. Imagine if there is a customer who does not understand your language then how will you help him/her?
I personally think that to help someone, language should not be a barrier. Anyhow if you cannot help him out then the best thing would be to make him understand with sign language (obviously when seeing the customer physically). Over a call, you can use google translate or similar tools to communicate with customer.
8. What is your worst experience so far as a help desk assistant?
Try to give answer where you had a minimum conflict or misunderstanding with the customer, and then explain how you had solved the problem.
9. Are you flexible with the weekend’s job?
As far as I get another day off in place of weekend, I don’t have any problem in doing weekend Job.
10. How do you respond when you do not know the answer?
When you do not know the answer, tell the customer straightway that you don’t know the answer instead of hitting behind the bush. And ask them to wait till further assistance provided by your colleague or supervisor.
11. What is the best thing you like about your job?
When you bring a smile to the tense face of your customer by helping them and by solving their problems, it is the best thing that I enjoy during my job. So, customer satisfaction is the best thing that I like most in my job.
12. How would you rate your problem-solving skills?
This is a common question asked for help desk jobs, so again it is a personal question, and you can rate yourself on numbers 1 to 10 / 10.
13. How you face the criticism?
The answer to this question will judge your level of patience, they want to check how positively you can take your criticism and how you deal with them without losing your temper.
14. How good are you at solving problem on phone?
Solving problems face to face is different than handling them on phone. To convince your interviewer that you have the ability to solve the problem you can put an example of any previous incident where you have solved the customer problem on phone easily.
15. Are you a team-player?
This question is generally asked to check whether the candidate is capable of working under different circumstances and with different people. As help desk associate has to constantly deal with different people of different departments, and to work with them smoothly and efficiently teamwork is very important.
16. How you deal with a customer who is on the phone and refuses to calm down?
Such a situation is very common in a helpdesk job. This question is again put in front of you to check your ability how you face the stressful situation.
17. Tell me one thing that you don’t like about your job?
Give your answer in brief and avoid telling something that related to customer service. If you want to say something that you don’t like than you can mention that long queue of customers waiting for their turn is something you don’t like.
18. How you will organize your work schedule?
Based on the priority, I will schedule my work and assignment accordingly.
19. In a situation where caller did not understand what you are explaining, what you would do?
First I will repeat the question and try to listen to the customer and if the customer is annoyed and is not ready to listen to what you are saying, the best thing is to transfer the call to a supervisor or another assistant.
20. Please tell me some of the tasks that you had performed in your previous company?
Explain to him about your job responsibility in your previous job citing a few examples of customer handling and solving their problems.