1. How to do BLUE TOOTH settings?
1. Initially check the visibility of the device to others while trying to search your device (Master)
2. Try to pair with the device.
3. Change the visibility time (Ex: On, 1min, 3 min, etc)
4. Rename the device (Slave)and try to pair with the same (Master)device and check for the name update in Master
5. Transfer of files from Master to slave and slave to master
6. Connect the call via BT headset
7. Try to pair with maximum devices allowed to pair
8. Try to share the files with all the maximum paired devices at a time
9. Check that BT can be invoked from Multimedia applications while trying to send the media/files
10. Try to send the contact via BT
2. What is MT SMS Message?
In general, terms, if you send an SMS message and if you get an SMS response for that message, then the sending message is called Message Originate(MO) and the response SMS message you receive is Message Terminate(MT).
3. What is an MO SMS Message?
Mo SMS Message means mobile-originated SMS, i.e. the SMS is composed and sent from the Handset Under Test
4. Explain what is an actual mobile testing and in real-time how this testing happens?
Nowadays, the mobile market is growing with a gr8 speed. So many of the vendors is starting to develop applications that run on a mobile device. The ppl in countries like the U.S, U.K, Europe are using smartphones which have similar functionality like the PC. If we want to login into Yahoo messenger we should have a PC, but now Yahoo messenger is developed for mobiles also. So it is very comfortable for the users who want to use this kind of application from their place on the mobile device, instead of using a PC.
Now how yahoo is working on different mobile phones,n how the UI should be tested by the testers.
5. What is the difference between User Agent and Simulator?
User-Agent identifies the mobile internals i.e. Make, Model, Resolution, etc. User-Agent is mandatory while downloading appropriate contents onto mobile, whereas a simulator is used to test the downloading process using various user agents to check whether a device is recognized and specific content/build is sent through OTA.
6. What is the difference between WAP testing and Web testing?
WAP Testing: Is testing the WAP (Wireless Application Protocol) used in network applications.
Web Testing: Is mainly related to testing the web applications such as portals and websites.
7. What is the difference between Simulator and Emulator?
Simulator is the electronic network simulation equipment or a base station equipment for CDMA network/CDMA mobile phones and it is CISCO programmed.It helps in latching home network without roaming services and can make VOICE,SMS,DATA calls especially where there is no roaming facility to test the handset. The CDMA Frequency like 800/900,1800/1900 which do not support in Asia and Europe,can make them live! with the help of this Simulator, the highest capacity of the simulator depends of the manufacturer of the box, may be up to 2400-MHz. It has to be configured both in the box as well as in mobile phones. As per the box capacity it can connect only limited count of mobile phones at one network within a range of 10 meters. This was just brief...
The emulator is software to test mobile applications without a live handset.
8. How to know, which are the bands (850,900,1800,1900) a mobile device supports?
The general's bands supported by phone are UMTS / HSDPA / HSUPA devices operate in the UMTS frequency bands 800/850/1900/2100 or 850/1700/1900/2100 MHz:
2100 (downlink) / 1900 (uplink) for Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Asia (including South Korea and Japan), and Brazil (usually referred to simply as UMTS2100)
1900 for North and South America2100 (downlink) / 1700 (uplink) for T-Mobile USA and others, called AWS Band (usually referred to simply as UMTS1700)
900 for Australia (Optus and Vodafone Australia in rural areas) and in the future in countries that currently use GSM900
850 for North and South America, Australia (NextG), New Zealand (Telecom)
800 for Japan (NTT DoCoMo in rural areas)
Note that being UMTS / HSDPA / HSUPA quad-band doesn't mean that the phone is a GSM / GPRS / EDGE quad-band. However, nearly all HSUPA quad-band devices are EDGE quad-band too.
Five and Six band phones (800/850/900/1700/1900/2100) are possible but none have been announced.
1st way to find: go to UI settings of BAND SETTING and check the bands available to select which gives the details about the bands supported by the phone.
2nd way to find: if there is no options to view the band settings then we can connect the phone to the simulator and check if the phone if phone latches to the network at that band.
as there are hardly 10 bands which a phone can support using that we can check the bands supported by the phone with the help of simulator.
3rd way to find: go to QXDM -> static message (there is a hot key for that, but i dont recollect), go to View->and check for static message. There you should be able to check the bands which mobile device supports.
and there are many other ways by which we can check the band settings.
9. What are the different classes of GPRS? What is the use of these GPRS classes?
There are three classes:
Class A :
Can be connected to GPRS service and GSM service (voice, SMS), using both at the same time. Such devices are known to be available today.
Class B :
Can be connected to GPRS service and GSM service (voice, SMS), but using only one or the other at a given time. During GSM service (voice call or SMS), GPRS service is suspended, and then resumed automatically after the GSM service (voice call or SMS) has concluded. Most GPRS mobile devices are Class B.
Class C :
Are connected to either GPRS service or GSM service (voice, SMS). Must be switched manually between one or the other service.
10. Explain some conformance testcases of a mobile?
confermance testcases of a mobile can be refer spec 34.123, for example For RLC/MAC 7.1. to 220.127.116.11 etc
11. What are the common critical, blocker, major, minor bug founds while testing a mobile?
CRITICAL BUG: This is nothing but a crash...suppose when u r trying to play a song from media player of MIDI format,or when a incoming call comes to your mobile when u r testing a particular feature in your device it may crash.They r many examples like this.
BLOCK: Unable to boot your device or unable to go back to previous screen or unable to go to ur main menu when u r testing particular feature.unable to invoke anything untill and unless you reboot your device
Major: Unable to funtion or misfunctionality of a particular feature
Minor: Usually GUI bugs comes under minor bugs. These bugs wont affect functionality. Example overlapping of letters in message compose screen.
12. What is Another name of PEER REVIEW MEETING?
The Peer review meeting is also called as " Technical Review " meeting.
13. Tell me How GPRS works?
GPRS work because of your mobile Sim, it receives the single from the nearby cellular tower and provide you the internet services
14. Where is the APN stored?
APN's are used in establishing packet data connections, most commonly to the Internet over 2G and 3G mobile networks. APN's can be stored in contexts, which are identified by number, and specify information on how to establish a data session (packet orientation, c.f. circuit switched).
15. How android application testing will be done?
1. Write testcases as per the application functionality, as the same way you write for any of the software application.
2. Execute them and log a defect
3. Real time examples for mobile application that needs to verify are as below :
- When application is running on the device , you give interuption by call or sms or bluetooth
- When application is running check the CPU useage from the system settings menu
- If application is opening any URL from inside the application itself then check whether it is passing any confidential data
- Check application stability with wi-fi On/Off state
- Check application launch time after the interruption received
16. How to test an application which is developed for multiple languages for e.g. a web application which is for English, Chinese, Japanese, french?
Language Testing is very important for any application. for testing an application for different languages with out any tools we can do testing in following way:
In IE ...
STEP 1 : Open an new IE browser
STEP 2 : Open Tools tab -> select Internet Options
STEP 3 : In General Tab -> select language (Available in Appearance header)
STEP 4 : Click on Add and select a language and place it at top navigating with move up button.
IE will convert to language selected and we can test according to requirements and specification.
17. What is intelligence testing?
the testing done with our knowledge is called intelligence testing
18. Tell me some test cases on mobile features testing and feature interaction testing?
Their are so many mobile core applications Few TCs for feature interaction could be like
1.To able to receive calls while browsing in contacts.
2.To be able to attach photos in messages from the gallery
3.To be able to receive calls while taking launching camera
4.To be able to receive Alarm notification in setting applications.