1. What is oracle d2k? why we use it?
It is a front end tool which consists of forms and reports and use plsql as a coding language
2. Were you involved in any data conversion, which one?
We have done data conversion for1.Suppliers2.AP Invoices3.Customers4.AR Invoices
3. Which Oracle Apps version you are very confident in?
As we basically use 11.5.9 version hence its better to tell that only.
4. Total months of effort in Oracle Apps technical work?
If you are technically strong in Oracle D2k then it will take very less or near abt one month to learn abt Oracle apps.
5. Are you familiar with User exits in reports?
The best example for user exit which i used is FND FORMAT_CURRENCY.
6. Do you know what are User Profiles in Apps. Any examples you can give?
User Profile : It is a set of changeable options through which your application runs.User profile can be defined at various levels. They are
7. How many concurrent programs you have customized, can you name some of them?
Have to see the standra reports and possible customizations
8. How to make the project as .exe file in oracle forms & reports(d2k)?
Developer/2000 doesn't make exe files. Think of your Dev 2k project like an access database, you develop the forms and reports and then when you deploy them you also install the Forms & Reports Runtimes on the clients machine. Forms, when compiled have the *.fmx extension as opposed to the normal *.fmb extension.
Developer/2000 doesn't make .exe files.
9. How do you run ms_batch file in forms?
what could be the value :system.mode?
10. How to get / select the nth row from the table?
how to select first n rows ,last n rows from a table?
from table_name a
where &n=(select count(salary) from table_name b where a.salary<=b.salary);
from table_name a
where &n>=(select count(salary) from table_name b where a.salary<=b.salary);
select level,max(column name) from emp where level = n connect by prior sal > sal group by level;
11. Do you know what is APPLYSYS in Oracle application database schema, what is APPS?
Applsys is a schema as apps and applsyspub.this schema contains the information about the FND or forndation tables.
12. Any work done in Oracle Workflow builder. Did you customize or build a new workflow?
Yes, I customized the Work Flow For Credit Memo Request approval in AR through Workflow Builder.
13. Do you know table based value sets?
yes i know.
we will give set name.
select type as table,"edit information" button will hilight, click that
give application name-->table name(for which u want to make table value set)-->column name-->give name of the column-->where/order by(give the condition or order either asc/desc)-->save it and use in "parameters" window in concurrent program creation.
14. Which Flexfields you have customized?
Client can customize Descriptive Flex Fields.
15. Have you good knowledge on Java?
Can anybody give the meaning of this question.
i think answer is: i know java
16. Have you used lexical parameters in reports?
There is no need of using Lexical parameter in reports Deveoper.Instead We can use bind Variables as a parameter.
17. Which directory will you copy your new reports, what would be its extension (.rdf or .rex)?
THe extension of the Oracle report will be *.rdf (Report Definition File).
You place the Oracle report on the corresponding application top in the reports folder.
Generally we place the newly developed reports in Custom top. $CUSTOM_TOP/reports/US
18. Which directory will you copy your new custom form, what would be its extension (.fmb or .fmx)?
Move the fmb file into :-
Keep the new form (renamed) in au_top/forms/US
19. In oracle application how do you debug or trace errors?
You can trace in Oracle application Help menu.
Start Oracle application Goto Help
Help->Diagnostics->Trace-> Regular Trace.
will ask for Apps Pass. Wil Show Not dialog Box which Gave you the path of Trace file. FTP the Trace file.
20. Are you familiar with internet architecture of Oracle Apps 11i?
There are 3 tier of Internet Architechture of Oracle Application 11i.
1. Desktop Tier
2. Database Tier
3. Application Tier.
21. Which Oracle applications PL/SQL standard APIs you are familiar, have you used most of them?
1. Fnd_File - PL/SQL I/O
2. Fnd_program - Concurrent Program Loaders
3. Fnd_set - Request Set Creation
4. Fnd_request - Concurrent Request Submission
5. Fnd_Submit - Request set Submission
6. Fnd_Request - Info
and so on...
22. What are the new features in Release 11I?
The main features in Release 11i is
1.Multi Org-To support Multiple organizations.
1.Multi Currency-Defineing the multiple currencies to single organization
2.Multi Lingual-Suporting of multi Languages.
23. How I can use SRW.RUN_REPORT in Reports6i?
You can use srw.run_report as followssrw.run_report('module=modulename.rdf destype=screen paramform=yes');
24. How do u register report in oracleApps?
There are eight different layout formats :
2. Form Like
3. Mailing Label
4. Form Letter
5. Group Left
6. Group Above
8. Matrix with group
25. What is the Placeholder Column?
What is the Format Trigger?
A placeholder column is used to hold the value of certain calculation or a variable that is being carried out in a formula column. A place holder can be defined as anumber, character or date type, depending upon the type of value which will be stored into it.
A format trigger is used when we want to display a particular field, if certain conditions are met.
26. I need to run a report at Scheduled timings only. I don?t want to run the report on Sundays. How to do this?
While Submitting the request you can select schedule button and specify Run The Job Option On Specific Days and Select all Days except Sunday.
27. What is the Anchoring in Reports?
What is the difference between Frame and Repeating Frame?
Anchors are used to determine the vertical and horizontal positioning of a child object relative to its parent. The end of the anchor with a symbol on it is attached to the parent object.
Since the size of some layout objects may change when the report runs (and data is actually fetched), we need anchors to define where we want objects to appear relative to one another. An anchor defines the relative position of an object to the object to which it is anchored. Positioning is based on the size of the objects after the data has been fetched rather than on their size in the editor. It should also be noted that the position of the object in the Layout editor effects the final position in the report output. Any physical offset in the layout is incorporated into the percentage position specified in the Anchor property sheet.
28. What is the Page Protect in Reports?
It indicates that whether you want to keep a object and its entire contents on the same logical page. Setting its property to 'yes' if the object and its entire contents cannot fit in the page it will be moved to next logical page.