Business Environment MCQ for Net Exam | Business Environment Questions and Answers pdf
1. Economic environment consists of
(a) economic conditions
(b) economic policies
(c) industrial policies
(d) All of the above
2. .. are a feature of the micro environment of an organisation.
(a) Legal factors
(c) Social factors
(b) Economic factors
3. Analysing the business environment best assists in
(a) identifying key competitive forces; identifying competitive position, identifying key opportunities, threats, strengths and weaknesses
(b) auditing macro environmental influences, identifying key competitive forces, identifying competitive position; identifying key opportunities and threats
(c) auditing external and organisational factors, identifying key competitive forces; identifying competitive position, identifying key opportunities and threats
(d) assessing historical trends, auditing environmental dangers; identifying strategic capabilities, identifying competitive position
4. Characteristics such as age, income or gender are examples of
(a) household patterns
(c) income distribution
(d) social-cultural environment
5. What does the term ‘third sector’ refer to?
(a) The high technology industries
(b) The service sector
(c) The voluntary sector.
(d) Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMES)
6. In relation to the PESTEL framework which of the following statements is correct?
(a) Government action, exchange rates, competition and socio-demographic factors
(b) Market convergence, competition, exchange rates and cost advantages
(c) Cost advantages, government action, economic cycles and competition
(d) Market, cost, competition and government policies
7. An organisational barrier to SME investment in e-commerce is
(a) revising product design
(b) the need to restructure
(c) whether the investment will be recouped
(d) how to deal with country specific taxation
International business environment mcq with answers pdf | mcq on business environment with answers pdf
8. Porter suggests the following reasons for one nation being more competitive than other
(a) ability to speak english, developed network of supporting abundant natural resources; skilled labour force, temperate more competitive than another industries, absence of competition and low labour coet
(b) climate and democracy
(c) factor conditions, demand conditions, related and Supporting industries and firm strategy, industry strategy and rivalry
(d) strong sporting ethos, emphasis on individual achievement strong national party in power and large home market
9. Which of the following is a feature of the micro environment of an organisation?
(a) Distribution channel factors
(b) Social factors
(c) Economic factors
(d) All of these
10. Globalisation is example of an which macro environment factor?
11. Which of the following is not an environmental force, which must be monitored by marketers?
(d) Mega trends
12. . are features of macro environment.
(d) Legal frameworks
13. In the PEST framework for environmental analysis,. what does the letter E stand for?
Business environment question bank with answers | mcqs on business environment pdf | mcq on business environment class 12
14. Which of the following is not identified as an element of the mega environment?
(a) Technological factors
(c) Socio-cultural factors
(b) Legal-political situations
(d) Organisational cuiture
15. Organisations can adapt to environmental fluctuations by
(b) monitoring competitors
(c) only operating in the domestic market
16. SWOT should be
(a) a general list of issues under each heading
(b) focussed on key issues and should be specific as possible
(c) completed when an analysis of the external environment has been conducted
(d) None of the above
18. When considering the role of perception in scanning the business environment/ an individual
(a) has a limited threshold of awareness
(b) has a short list of cues about the environment
(c) has a narrow perceptual window of the environment
(d) All of the above
19. The idea that consumers are incharge of the economic system because their preferences drive business decisions about what to produce, is referred to as
(a) consumer activisim
(b) consumer sovereignty
(d) consumer therapy
20. An organisation’s clients, competitors, suppliers and employees are typical segments of the
(a) internal environment
(b) stakeholder group
(d) task environment
21. A system of shared values, assumptions, beliefs and norms uniting organisational members is
(a) organisational culture
(b) organisational rules
(c) organisational expectations
(d) member commonality
22. The external environment is composed of
(a) the general and task environment
(b) the task environment and the cultural environment
(c) the global environment and the ecological environment
(d) the mega environment and the industry environment
Business environment mcq pdf
23. Globalisation can create problem for business because
(a) it can result in more competition
(b) it decreases the price of goods and services
(c) it decreases the uncertainty in operations
(d) it increases vulnerability to political risk
25. PEST analysis is
(a) broad framework to help managers understand the environment in which their business operates
(b) a checklist to ask how political, economic, strategic or technological developments can influence an industry and a company
(C) a checklist for torecasting political, economic, strategic or technological factors
(d) a framework for strategic analysis of internal and external environment
26. Tax jurisdiction is an example of which environmental factor?
27. Government promotion of e-commerce adoption is an example of which environmental factor?
28. Customer’s opinions about using the internet are an example of which environmental factor?
29. Which of the following is not an example of a political risk?
(a) Government regulations
(b) Cost of production
(d) Civil unrest
30. Which is not one of the elements of a company’s external micro environment that need to be assessed during situation analysis for e-marketing?
(a) Demand analysis
(b) Supplier analysis
(c) Competitor analysis
(d) None of these
31. Which of the following is a cultural constraint from the e-commerce macro environment?
(a) Propensity for consumers to purchase online
(b) Likelihood of fraudulent transactions
(c) Opt-into e-mail required to avoid SPAM
(d) Taxation at source of purchase
32. . are an important link in the company’s overall ‘value delivery system’ since, they provide the resources needed by the company to produce its goods and services.
(a) Marketing intermediaries
(b) Competitor networks
(d) Service representatives
33. A . is any group that has an actual or potential interest in or impact on an organisation’s ability to achieve its objectives.
(a) competitive set
(b) meeting intermediary
34. The ….. environment contains institutions and other forces that affect society’s basic values, perceptions, preferences and behaviours.
35. The transfer of asset from public sector to the private sector-is referred to as