This Article Contains Affiliate Links. We earn a small amount of commission from Amazon after a successful purchase but this does not mean that it will increase the price of the item for you. By click on those links you will redirect to Amazon Website. For more info click on Read more
You can buy the entire Ingredient here from AMAZON FRESH
For a cake mold with insert (removable cylinder) of 25cm
time: 45mn Baking time: 50mn
Basic cake maker:
- 150g soft butter
- 150g of sugar
- 4g fine salt
- 2 eggs
- 280g flour
- 6g of baking powder
- 220g full cream
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tbsp of powdered or liquid vanilla
Red fruit compote:
- 125g of red fruits or frozen raspberries
- 1 bag of raspberry coulis
- 20g of sugar
- 2.5g NH pectin
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
Pink rock icing
- 170g of Ruby chocolate (naturally pink)
- 25g neutral vegetable oil
- 40g chopped almonds
Prepare the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180 °.
- Mix the butter, sugar and salt in a food processor. Incorporate the eggs and the grains of 1 vanilla pod then the flour sifted with the yeast and finally the cream.
- Using a pastry bag, fill your cake mold (without its cylinder) with half the dough. If your mold is exoglass, normally no need to grease. If it is metal, it is necessary to butter and flour. Then replace the greased cylinder and continue to fill with dough until the dough comes just above the cylinder.
- Bake at 180 ° for 40 to 50 minutes, the tip of a knife stuck in the cake should come out dry.
- Let the cake cool for 5 minutes (no more) then gently remove the cylinder by pulling on one end before unmolding the cake.
- Depending on the look you want to achieve, you can keep the cake as it is with its bump or cut the part that protrudes from the mold and then turn the cake over.
- If you are making the icing, the cake must be completely cooled before starting the icing.
Prepare the compote:
- In a saucepan, heat the red fruits and the coulis over low heat for a few minutes. In a bowl, mix the pectin and the caster sugar. When the red fruits and the coulis reach 40 °, add the sugar-pectin mixture, stirring well. Bring to the boil without stopping stirring, give a broth, remove from the heat and add the lemon juice. Set aside and let cool then transfer to a piping bag. Fill the cake with compote through the hole left by the cylinder by gently pressing on the pastry bag.
Ruby chocolate rock icing:
- Roast the chopped almonds in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 °, constantly monitoring. Melt the ruby ??chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler. Add the oil and the almond pieces. Wait a few minutes for the icing to cool so that it is not too runny.
- Place the cake (well cooled) on a wire rack above a tray covered with a film to collect the excess frosting.
- Pour in the icing and let it run down the sides. If necessary, collect the excess and pour a second layer of icing. Transfer the cake to a serving dish and let the icing set for 20 minutes at room temperature or in the fridge before serving.