This Article Contains Affiliate Links. We earn a small amount of commission from Amazon after a successful purchase but this does not mean that it will increase the price of the item for you. By click on those links you will redirect to Amazon Website. For more info click on Read more
You can buy the entire Ingredient here from AMAZON FRESH
Preparation time: 15mn
Cooking time: 25mn
- 3 eggs
- +/- 200g butter
- +/- 200g sugar
- +/- 200g of flour
- the seeds of a vanilla bean
- 1 pinch of salt
- This is a four-quarter recipe: the eggs are weighed with their shells and this reference weight is used to measure out the flour, butter and sugar.
- Melt the butter, add the vanilla beans and let cool. Separate the whites from the yolks. Whip the egg whites until stiff with a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl, whisk the yolks and sugar until the mixture whitens and takes volume. Add the flour, melted butter and flour and mix.
- Add ¼ of the egg whites, whisk again to loosen the dough. Then gently incorporate the rest of the snow whites with a spatula.
- Heat the waffle iron with its special wafer plate. Place 2 tablespoons of dough on the lightly greased baking sheet (1 on each side), close and cook for about 1mn30 (very variable depending on the waffle iron models) until the wafers are golden brown.
- Slide the still soft wafers onto a wire rack, they will become crisp as they cool. Cut off the excess dough with scissors as long as the dough has not yet hardened and separate the wafers.
The four-quarter wafers can be stored for a week in an airtight box away from humidity.