In this blog you will find the correct answer of the Coursera quiz Quantitative Methods Coursera Answer mixsaver always try to brings best blogs and best coupon codes
1. Which example fits best with the concept of systematic observation?
- Observing every fourth person to enter the mall
- Observing everything you do in one day
- Asking every fourth person to enter the mall about their favorite sport and recording this.
2. A hypothesis must be:
- proven correct
3. What is the primary difference between a scientific theory and a scientific law?
- A theory describes a pattern and a scientific law explains why something happens
- A theory explains why something happens and a law describes a pattern
- A theory does not necessarily have a large body of supporting data
4. In contrast to Plato, Aristotle asserts that:
- sensory experience is prone to errors
- only knowledge obtained through reasoning can lead to the truth
- the physical world around us does provide knowledge
5. All swans that have been observed are white colored swans. Therefore one can conclude that all swans are white.
- This is an argument based on a false premise
- This is a form of inductive reasoning
- This is a form of deductive reasoning
6. According to logical positivism, the sentence “God exists” is meaningful only if:
- the sentence has meaning for the person who utters it
- it is true by definition or can be verified through observation
- it is believed to be true, even if we don’t know which observations can be used for verification
7. A student wants to do a research project on a mother’s love for her child. How would a radical empiricist react to this idea?
- He or she would advise the student to develop a theory of love specific to this phenomena, i.e. the love of a mother for her child
- A mother’s love for her child can only be understood by a fellow mother and therefore this project should not be undertaken by someone who hasn’t yet started a family
- A mother’s love for her child cannot be subject to scientific analysis unless it can be shown to have a material, physical basis (e.g. brain activity associated with love)
8. The position that abstract concepts are merely words and that there is no independently accessible thing constituting the meaning of a word is known as
9. Which of these statements is true?
- Positivists and interpretivists agree that science is empirical (studies produce data)
- Constructivism and interpretivism are linked with qualitative data
- both are true
10. If you prepared a study on the effects of text-messaging rather than talking on the phone on the quality of friendships, you would be conducting
- fundamental and universalistic research
- fundamental and particularistic research
- applied research
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 2 Quiz
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 3 Quiz
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 4 Quiz
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 5 Quiz
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 6 Quiz
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 7 Quiz
- Quantitative Methods Coursera Week 8 Quiz