Dalton Atomic Theory:
In 1808 John Dalton presents his theory about the structure of atom under the title '' A New system of chemical philosophy''.
The following are the points of his theory.
1. matter is composed of small indivisible particle called atoms.
2. Atom is an invisible particle.
3. Size, shape and chemical properties are identical of atoms of the same element.
4. Atoms of different elements are different in their properties.
5. Atoms of different elements combine together in different ratio forming new compounds.
6. A chemical reaction is involved in the separation and rearrangement of atoms.
7. Atom can neither be created nor destroyed.
What are the four components of dalton's atomic theory?
Elements are made of extremely small particles called atoms.
Atoms of a given element are identical in size, mass and other properties; atoms of different elements differ in size, mass and other properties.
Atoms cannot be subdivided, created or destroyed.
In chemical reactions, atoms are combined, separated or rearranged.