Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age Coursera Answer
In this blog you will find the correct answer of the Coursera quiz Communication Strategies for a Virtual Age Coursera Answer mixsaver always try to bring the best blogs and best coupon codes
Module 1 Quiz
1. Please select the three traps speakers fall into from the choices below.
- Using too many details
- Reading prepared speech
- Speaking generally in 3rd Person
- Using formal language
2. Which of these are examples of speaking in the 3rd person (you can choose more than one).
- Giving advice instead of an anecdote.
- Speaking in the first person only.
- Speaking in the 3rd person only.
- Telling someone what to do instead of telling someone a time you did it.
3. What is Businessese?
- A programming language of virtually communication.
- Using industry specific terminology.
- Another way of saying speaking formally to try to sound professional.
- An effective form of communication used when speaking professionally.
4. What is the trap of formalized language say?
- Using words you would not normally use in a conversation
- Using technical terms to better explain an idea.
- Using business language to sound professional
- All of the above
5. What is the strategy if you don’t think you can speak informally or can avoid the formality trap?
- Start formally and end casually
- Only speak formally
- Speak with lots of details to overcome the formality
6. What are the two things a listener wants from communication?
- Curiosity and a picture they can imagine
- A lot of details so they can imagine what you are saying.
- A hierarchy of information that goes from general to specific
7. Why should we avoid using too many details?
- Using too many details confuses the listener
- More details doesn’t mean more understanding
- It will cause you to get lost in your explanation and eventually fizzle out
- All of the above
8. What are the three types of virtual teams identified so far? There maybe more than one correct answer.
- Everyone is in the same location
- Everyone is communicating at different times
- One person is in a different location
- Everyone is in a different location
9. Which of these is a PRO of virtual communication? There maybe more than 1 correct answer.
- Tend to feel less pressure to think of things in the moment
- It allows you to generate ideas because you can feed off each other
- Avoid likelihood of groupthink
- It allows you to pick up on non-verbal communication
10. How can you reward someone virtually so that they feel a stronger sense of belonging to the group.
- Reward them recognizing them in front of the group.
- Reward them by recognizing them one on one or in person
- Reward them by sending them e-gifts.